OLS 150 Strength & Fitness • 1 Cr.
Students use a variety of fun and innovative techniques such as resistance and cardio exercises to build endurance and core strength. Emphasis is on overall physical conditioning for both strength and flexibility using the Swiss ball tubing, and/or other equipment. Structured to accommodate special needs learners. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate body mechanics with core and cardio exercise
- Demonstrate an increase in core strength Identify key names and locations of muscles and bones used during class workouts
- Discuss and exercise safe practices
- Discuss how physical fitness can increase self-image
- Explain the importance of physical activity for maintaining a viable and productive life
- Design an exercise program for personal use, including an exercise from each fitness group
- Winter 2017 (current quarter)