OLS 153 Qigong for Mind & Body • 1 Cr.
Increase body awareness through basic knowledge and applications of Qigong including hand and foot techniques, slow coordinated movements, meditation, and breathing techniques. Emphasis on kinesthetic awareness of muscles and bones, flexibility, Qigong theory, and stress reduction. Structured to accommodate special needs learners. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Perform behaviors that increase self-security and self-confidence
- Demonstrate physical coordination skills through physical activity
- Explain Qigong principles, theories, and philosophy Identify names and locations of muscles used for stretching and increasing flexibility
- Demonstrate and practice breathing exercises that enhance concentration, focus, memory, and relaxation
- Demonstrate basic qi postures to improve structural body alignment, muscle tone, and strength
- Fall 2016 (current quarter)