OLS 158 Introduction to the Theatre • 2 Cr.
Explores the theatre experience from a variety of perspectives, including the audience, the playwright, the actor, the designer, and the director. Attendance at a performance on campus is required. Prerequisite: Entrance to the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- •Analyze the relationship between culture and theatre.
- •Identify a process of analyzing theatre to become a more critical audience member.
- •Analyze a script, directorial concept, design elements, and acting styles of a play.
- •Describe the process in which a play goes from "page to stage."
- •Evaluate theatre as a potential lifelong interest as an audience member, or professional or amateur theatre artist.
- •Identify and analyze the objectives of theatre including education, entertainment and enlightenment.
- •Explain the group process that leads to theatrical collaboration.
- Winter 2014 (current quarter)