OLS 159 Introduction to Acting • 2 Cr.
Introduces the basic techniques and tools used by the actor. Moving from improvisation to scene work, students learn warm ups, theatre games, vocal physical and emotional awareness, listening skills, and beginning textual analysis using objectives, obstacles and tactics. Prerequisit: Entrance to the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Perform a variety of warm ups for rehearsal, performance, presentation or interview.
- Identify a character's objective and obstacle in a scene.
- Develop a variety of tools to connect with a scene partner onstage.
- Discuss the job of the actor and become familiar with the emotional, physical and vocal tools available for further study.
- Perform a monologue or short scene
- Winter 2015 (current quarter)