OLS 170 Self Determination • 2 Cr.
Using strengths, skills, and accomplishments students assess personal needs and accommodations. Includes effective assertive communication to have needs and accommodations considered or met. Students set measurable goals and develop an action plan. Prerequisite: OLS 105, 110 and Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify interests, skills and accomplishments and describe how these influence their experiences
- Describe personal management skills and characteristics needed to succeed in school, work, and be an active citizen
- Compare perspectives in life situations where assertiveness is required
- Self determine personal goals, needs and accommodations to others
- Demostrate effective assertive communication when discussing accomodations, goals, and needs
- Summarize and document their personal strengths using proofs of life experiences
- Targeting areas for improvement with measureable short and long term goals
- Delvelop and explain an action plan for personal goals