OLS 177 Workplace Readiness • 2 Cr.
Presents skills needed to participate professionally in the workforce. Includes securing an internship site and examines and updates professional publications. Students discuss and construct a professional network, and examine and experience current interviewing styles. Interviews are scheduled and conducted. Prerequisite: OLS 106, 171, 174 and Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- •Examine and discuss professional techniques for communicating with supervisors and co-workers
- •Update resume
- •Research possible community businesses matching career pathway
- •Identify and describe three companies that hire people in chosen career pathway
- •Discuss the expectations of a job at a researched company in career pathway
- •Utilizing student professional network contact individuals willing to assist with career development including letters of interest
- •Demonstrate a strong understanding of various types of interview processes
- •Complete 2 interviews exhibiting professionalism and answering behavioral questions with strength based responses
- •Schedule and complete interview with possible internship supervisor