PARED 136 Parent Education for Parents of Young Children • 2 Cr.
Focuses on the parent role in nurturing and understanding the development of their young child. Provides opportunities for parents to build skills that contribute to the healthy growth and development of their child.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Increase their feelings of support from others, knowing they are “not alone” in their feelings and experiences and that other parents have the same problems and concerns.
- Increased their sense of confidence and self-esteem as a parents.
- Increase understanding of child’s behavior in relation to child development norms.
- Describe changes in perceptions and expectations for themselves as parents and for their children.
- Describe changes in behavior based on specific course content and observation assignments.