PE 126 Outdoor Leadership • 2 Cr.
Explores techniques of providing leadership for groups in an outdoor adventure class situation. Includes conflict resolution, emotional management, and task balancing skills through an understanding of group dynamics.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Improve confidence in personal leadership abilities
- Develop ice breaker activities to begin developing student/instructor dynamics
- Develop conflict resolution skills to better manage large groups
- Understand how to lead without dominating
- Gain a greater understanding of group dynamics and how to prevent problems within groups
- Develop skills needed to better manage risk for groups in outdoor adventure settings