PE 136 Basketball & Flag Football • 2 Cr.
Presents basic skills and rules in both sports. Basketball: ball handling, passing, shooting, pivoting, and dribbling. Flag football: stances, ball carrying, passing and receiving, kicking, tackling, and centering. Students practice basic elements of offensive and defensive play.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate proper conditioning techniques
- Demonstrate basic game concepts through class participation
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic game rules through class participation and a written exam
- Utilize skills and techniques required to play flag football and basketball
- Demonstrate concepts of game strategies by utilizing them while playing games during class