PE 159 Basic Acting Movement • 3 Cr.
Concentrates on tuning the actor?s body. Students gain fluidity, flexibility, and agility and develop specific skills such as stage fights and mime. Students practice dramatic situations incorporating both character work and strenuous physical activity. Same as DRMA 159. Either PE 159 or DRMA 159 may be taken for credit, not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Employ physical group dynamics.
- Create a character physically.
- Develop and demonstrate a physical warm-up.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role that trust plays in physical performance.
- Apply knowledge of spatial relationships within a physical space or a group.
- Perform movement using strengthened body mechanics.
- Use physicality to create narrative.
- Winter 2015 (current quarter)