PE 233 Prevention & Care of Athletic Injuries • 2 Cr.
Explores the basic principles of athletic training, care, and prevention of sports related injuries. Covers the analysis of common athletic injuries including emergency procedures, treatment limitations, evaluation and preventative approaches.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Assess the severity of an injury and understand procedures required to react to a sports related injury
- Apply basic biomechanical processes to a rehabilitation program
- Recognize the symptoms associated with heat stroke, heat exhaustion and hypothermia
- Gain skills needed to stabilize injured joints using tape or support systems
- Identify agonist and antagonistic muscle exercises designed to balance muscle development fitness programs
- Identify nutritional foods options that optimize fitness develoment and athletic performance