POLS& 101 Introduction to Political Science • 5 Cr.
Explores the evolution of major political concepts from ancient Greece to the present. Topics include political life in the modern world and the ideas behind democratic and non-democratic forms.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Critically analyze current political issues
- Articulate the rights and responsibilities of democratic citizenship
- Constructively engage in the political process
- Apply core political science concepts to the real world
- Differentiate the major sub-fields of political science
- Explain the significance of the scientific method in political science research