POLS 121 The United Nations • 2 Cr.
Analyzes the present structure and purpose of the United Nations organization. Seminar format. Prerequisite: A course in political science.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the structure of the United Nations organization.
- Identify the impact of economic and social development particularly in developing countries.
- Differentiate between problems and symptoms.
- Discuss the impact of Colonialism and Imperiaism in developing nations.
- Identify the role of women and minorities in the developing world.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of reference resources (Encyclopedia of the United Nations, Encyclopedia of the Third World) and databases (EBSCohost, ProQuest and FI SONline).
- Fall 2013 (current quarter)