PROG 118 Windows Development II • 5 Cr.
Students learn advanced Windows programming techniques using current windows development software, access data in databases and develop appropriate user interfaces to display the data. Students apply object oriented programming concepts to application development. Prerequisite: PROG 110 at BC with a C- or better, or entry code.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Create a basic Windows application that displays data from a database
- Use a variety of data validation techniques to validate user input
- Display data from a database using appropriate controls
- Use the methods, properties and events of the related .NET framework classes
- Create effective Windows interfaces of various types (MDI, SDI, Explorer)
- Use basic data access techniques
- Use data structures to solve business problems
- Use functions and procedures to solve business problems