PROG 260 Advanced Topics in Object Oriented Programming • 5 Cr.
Students review, understand and code using platform-independent, object-oriented programming language. Topics include objects, classes, methods, syntax, applications, class libraries, user interfaces, and interactivity with the programming environment. Prerequisite: ENGL& 101 and PROG 120 at BC with a C- or better, or entry code.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the development tools to create an application
- Create and use classes and objects within the development environment.
- Create and invoke methods.
- Demonstrate method overloading, method abstraction and its use in developing software.
- Create and use interface components.
- Build exception handling into their application
- Build a complete, working application from beginning to end using the structured methodologies and techniques associated with the language..