PROG 270 Introduction to Mobile Computing Technologies • 5 Cr.
Students are introduced to the concepts associated with Mobile computing technologies. Various current Mobile Computing Technologies are compared and contrasted. Course topics include architecture, design and development of Mobile Applications. Students will understand the business value behind developing mobile applications and will know how to manage a mobile development effort. Prerequisite: ENGL& 101 with a C- or better, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Explain what Mobile Computing Devices and Applications are
- Compare and contrast current Mobile Computing Technologies from the standpoint of:
- a. Platforms
- b. Connectivity
- c. Usability
- d. Security
- Explain the key business context elements relative to utilizing Mobile opportunities
- Identify the Connectivity, Security and Data Transfer issues associated with Mobile devices
- Describe the Software Life Cycle processes involved in Mobile Application Development