PROG 280 Introduction to Cloud Computing • 5 Cr.
Students are introduced to the concepts of Cloud Computing and Software as a Service. Alternative implementations are considered from technology and business perspectives with analysis of cost, security and performance. The role of senior managers in selecting, implementing and managing a Cloud system is examined. Prerequisite: ENGL& 101 with a C- or better, or permission of instructor.
Prerequisite: ENGL& 101 with a C- or better or permission of instructor. Fee: $57.50 computer use.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Explain what Cloud computing is
- Compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of Cloud computing from the standpoint of:
- a. Costs
- b. Performance
- c. Security
- d. Operations and Organizational Structure
- Compare and contrast alternative Cloud models
- Explain the security and connectivity issues associated with a Cloud solution
- Identify the hardware and infrastructure required to implement a Cloud solution along with performance impacts
- Describe the IT standards that impact Cloud computing
- Winter 2014 (current quarter)