PROG 280 Introduction to Cloud Computing • 5 Cr.
Students are introduced to the concepts of Cloud Computing and Software as a Service. Alternative implementations are considered from technology and business perspectives with analysis of cost, security and performance. The role of senior managers in selecting, implementing and managing a Cloud system is examined. Prerequisite: ENGL& 101 with a C- or better, or permission of instructor.
Prerequisite: ENGL& 101 with a C- or better or permission of instructor. Fee: $57.50 computer use.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Explain what Cloud computing is.
- Compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of Cloud computing from the standpoint of costs, performance, security, and operational and organizational structure.
- Compare and contrast alternative Cloud models.
- Explain the security and connectivity issues associated with a Cloud solution.
- Identify the hardware and infrastructure required to implement a Cloud solution along with performance impacts.
- Describe the IT standards that impact Cloud computing.