PROG 282 Implementing a Cloud Solution • 5 Cr.
Students will use current software development tools to create applications and services that can be deployed to the Cloud. Students will develop and manage the components of a Cloud project including storage services and relational database services, and will apply best practice security to their applications. Prerequisite: PROG 210 with a C- or better, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Write, compile, debug and execute well engineered and maintainable programs using appropriate development tools.
- Create appropriate components for a new cloud service project.
- Evaluate threats and countermeasures and apply accepted security guidelines the project.
- Create and use cloud storage services for Binary Large Objects (BLOB), Tables and Queues Develop a SQL relational database for the cloud.
- Test and troubleshoot a cloud project and deploy an application to a cloud provider