RADON 101 Principles of Dose Calculation • 4 Cr.
Explores principles and methods for calculation of treatment times in administering radiation therapy treatments. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program.
Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze the purpose of the radiation therapy prescription
- Compare and contrast a radiation therapy prescription to a general medical prescription
- Apply specific geometric figures to radiation therapy applications
- Apply specific trigonometry functions to radiation therapy applications
- Identify the factors included in basic monitor unit calculations
- Compare the information included in specific radiation therapy beam data tables
- Apply mathematical interpolation and extrapolation models to beam data tables
- Apply the beam data tables for basic monitor unit calculations
- Evaluate potential sources or errors in calculations for patient treatments
- Calculate a monitor unit setting within 2% accuracy of a computer calculation