RADON 201 Radiation Therapy Physics II • 3 Cr.
Explores interactions of ionizing radiation with matter, high-energy particle beams, measurement of radiation, calibration of radiation therapy treatment machines, and brachytherapy implants. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- •Discuss the importance of standardized radiation measurement
- •Analyze the factors involved in the calibration of a basic X-ray machine
- •Describe the interactions of charged particles with matter.
- •Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of particle beam therapy
- •Explain the purpose of a continued quality improvement (CQI) program for radiation therapy
- Fall 2016 (current quarter)