RAIT 329 Mammography Clinical Practicum • 5 Cr.
Students are assigned to a mammography department for 132 hours to satisfy clinical competency requirements of the ARRT for eligibility to sit for the ARRT advanced level exam in mammography. Prerequisites: RAIT 325 within 120 months with a B (3.0) or better and permission of the Program Chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Educate the patient about the procedure and equipment
- Solicite and record pertinent clinical history
- Select appropriate equipment to perform the exam
- Select and record exposure factors based on the patients history and condition
- Position the patient to produce optimum images
- Evaluate the images and make adjustments to accomodate a patients condition or special needs
- Perform, evaluate, and record all required QC tests
- Trouble shoot artifacts and abnormal findings of the QC tests
- Participate in Interventional/Special exams - a minimum of 4
- Review 20 patient exams accomplished by the student with a radiologist regarding technique, anatomy, and pathology