RAIT 330 Breast Ultrasound for Sonographers • 3 Cr.
Designed for ARDMS certified sonographers who want to gain didactic preparation level certification in breast ultrasound. Content covers all areas included in the breast specialty exam offered by the ARDMS. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the program or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify appropriate instrumentation and ancillary equipment
- Correlate mammographic findings into scanning protocol
- Identify normal breast anatomy
- Distinguish between anatomy and artifact
- Identify an image and describe benign features versus malignant
- Identify an image and describe specific benign lesions.
- Identify an image and describe specific malignant lesions.
- Differentiate sonographic image appearance from other diagnostic images
- Describe procedural technique and instrumentation for ultrasound guided invasive procedures