RAIT 340 Fetal Echocardiography for Sonographers • 3 Cr.
Designed to provide didactic preparation for ARDMS certified sonographers for advanced level certification in fetal echocardiography. Content covers all areas included in the specialty exam offered by the ARMDS. Prerequisite: Admission into the program or permission of the Program Chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify the incidence of congenital heart disease, indications for the exam, and embryology of the fetal heart.
- Identify standard views, describe anatomy visualized, and label it on image
- Explain normal fetal heart physiology and identify sonographic procedures to evaluate it.
- Describe structural heart anomalies, identify them on image, and describe techniques used to create the image.
- Identify functional imaging procedures for the fetal heart and describe alternative protocols for accomplishing the exam.
- Identify acquired pathologies and describe their appearance on image.