RAIT 344 Sonographer Vascular Technology • 3 Cr.
Designed to provide didactic preparation for ARDMS certified sonographer for advanced level certification in vascular technology. Content covers all areas included in the specialty exam offered by the ARDMS. Prerequisite: Admission into the program or permission of the Program Chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe and identify on images pertinent cerebrovascular, venous, peripheral arterial, and abdominal/visceral anatomy, physiology, and hemodynamics
- Identify and explain the mechanisms of disease
- Describe patient signs and symptoms for vascular pathologies
- Identify proper sonographic testing for vascular studies to include equipment used, patient positioning, technique, interpretation, and limitations
- Describe vascular radiographic MR and CT diagnostic procedures and identify their interpretations and limitations
- Identify possible patient treatments for pathologies
- Describe appropriate patient follow-up for sonographic procedures
- Explain possible sonographic applications for alternate condition and/or tests
- Apply imaging principles and vascular physics to image quality
- Apply statistical analysis for quality assurance testing of equipment and patient safety