RAIT 401 Advanced Sectional Anatomy • 2 Cr.
Designed for students having completed a sectional anatomy course. Neuro and vascular anatomy, and sectional images of joint and extremity body areas presented with Computed tomography and Magnetic Resonance images. Either RAIT 401 or IMAGE 251 can be taken for credit, not both. Prerequisite: RAIT 301 or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify related anatomy on CT (Computed Tomography) and MR (Magnetic Resonance) images in all planes as they relate to neuro and vascular anatomy, and body joints and extremities
- Predict the relative location of structures surrounding the identified anatomy.
- Were appropriate, diagram anatomical structures.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal anatomy taking into account anatomic variances, and discussing supporting evidence.
- Compare and contrast CT (Computed Tomography) and MR (Magnetic Resonance) images, including a discussion of their respective roles and effectiveness in diagnostic accuracy for specific cases.
- Analyze and apply the selection process of imaging technology and protocol based on specific cases
- Debate the level of uncertainties associated with interpreting anatomical images and present strategies on how to handle these uncertainties