RAIT 415 Advanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging Procedures • 3 Cr.
Designed for those currently employed as Magnetic Resonance technologists or those having completed a formal MR instrumentation course. Includes a brief review of MR physics, an in-depth analysis of fast imaging pulse sequences, advanced clinical application, advanced hardware, and a review of current research activity in continued application of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Prerequisite: RAIT 315 or Magnetic Resonance certification or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Present and evaluate advances in techniques that allow for fast scanning, EPI (Echo-Planar Imaging) diffusion, and other functional imaging.
- Describe time of flight and phase contrast, and assess enhancing techniques used in angiography.
- Analyze considerations for patient set-up of breast imaging including implants, biopsy, cancer staging.
- Discuss the proper operation and applications of automatic injectors
- Assess specialized hardware components of leading edge MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) systems
- Identify anatomy, list clinical indications, describe patient set-up (including lead placement and EKG -Electro Cardiogram- signal) and explain the reasons for sequences in cardiac imaging.
- Evaluate and discuss new clinical applications of MR (Magnetic Resonance).