RATEC 125 Medical Terminology • 3 Cr.
Presents a systematic approach to medical terminology, combining word roots, prefixes, and suffixes. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify the organs and structures of the following:
- Digestive system
- Urinary system
- Integumentary system
- Reproductive system o Respiratory system
- Endocrine system
- Nervous system
- Musculoskeletal system
- Cardiovascular system
- Lymphatic system
- List and describe the basic structural units of the body.
- Describe the anatomic position.
- Locate the body cavities and the regions of the body.
- Explain the meaning of new medical words by defining the elements.
- Explain the main functions of the body systems.
- Define the word roots and combining forms used to describe the organs and structures.
- Define suffixes and prefixes in medical words.
- Build and analyze medical terms related to the organs, structures, and systems.
- Describe pathological, diagnostic, therapeutic, and other terms related to all systems listed above.
- Describe, radiology specific exams terms related to all systems listed above.