RATEC 127 Introduction to Sectional Anatomy • 2 Cr.
Expands knowledge of anatomy through the introduction of transverse and sagittal orientations. Students review normal anatomy of the brain, chest, abdomen, pelvis, and neck and spine. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of instructor.
Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the body organization and identify the anatomical planes.
- Identify normal anatomical structures in axial, sagittal and coronal anatomical planes.
- Differentiate between CT and MRI images and explain the major differences between these modalities.
- Locate and describe normal anatomy on CT and MRI images.
- Describe the normal anatomy near a given tumor location.
- Evaluate a CT or MR image for normal anatomy vs. pathology.
- Describe anatomic structures in three dimensions.