RATEC 212 Clinical Education VII • 8 Cr.
Seventh in a series of supervised clinical education experiences. Students work at clinical sites, 24 hours per week. Specific performance objectives are established for the student. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of instructor.
Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program or permission of instructor. Fee: $23.50 liability insurance.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate continued competency by producing diagnostic radiographic images of the chest, abdomen, upper extremity, lower extremity, pelvic girdle, spine, sternum, ribs, skull, paranasal sinuses, face, esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, kidney, ureters, and bladder using the appropriate method, patient positioning and technique.
- Continue to produce a radiographic image of the chest and abdomen using a mobile x-ray system, and discern the diagnostic quality of the image.
- Continue to produce an orthopedic radiographic image using a mobile x-ray system, and discern the diagnostic quality of the image.
- Continue to produce radiographic images of a child less than 6 years of age and discern the diagnostic quality of the image.
- Continue to produce diagnostic radiographic images in the operating room using a C-arm and/or mobile x-ray system.
- Continue to set up the radiographic room, assist the physician, and obtain diagnostic radiographic images for a myelogram and arthrogram.
- Continue to identify when it is appropriate to use radiation protection, and demonstrate consistency in patient shielding.
- Continue to evaluate the patient’s physical and mental status during the radiographic procedure, and identify and respond to emergency situations as warranted.
- Continue to demonstrate communication skills with patients by giving them clear concise instructions and providing appropriate information.
- Continue to demonstrate communication skills with co-workers by conversing on a professional level, asking questions at an appropriate time, and following directions consistently and accurately.
- Continue to demonstrate a professional work ethic by attending the clinical site on the assigned days, arriving on time, dressing according to BCC guidelines, and projecting a positive self- image.
- Continue to synthesize information learned in the classroom and apply the principles to the clinical setting.
- Continue to demonstrate behavior consistent with the Standards of Ethics and Rules and Regulations of the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)