RATEC 230 Quality Assurance • 2 Cr.
Presents theory and practice for operating a successful quality assurance program in a diagnostic radiology department. Students discuss the importance of quality control with respect to health care costs, radiation exposure to patients, and improvement of the diagnostic quality of films. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of instructor.
Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- State the quality control factors recommended by accrediting bodies and develop a quality control testing program for your department.
- Identify quality control guidelines for diagnostic x-ray equipment and describe the tests accomplished to maintain consistent x-ray production.
- Identify job satisfaction as a factor affecting image quality and list factors effecting job satisfaction in a Radiologic workplace.
- Evaluate a clinical site for quality control and job satisfaction and present recommendations for improvement.
- Identify elements in the continuous quality management model.
- Prepare your continuing education plan.