TECH 215 PC Analysis & Configuration I • 5 Cr.
Presents the basics of PC hardware and software installation and configuration. Topics include installation of operating systems and basic troubleshooting techniques, BIOS, IDE, system optimization, motherboards, printers, and CMOS set-up. Students gain hands-on instruction. Course includes about 50% of the competencies required for A+ certification. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment into ENGL& 101, or completion of ENGL 092 or 093 with a C or better. Recommended BTS 161 or equivalent course work or experience.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Assemble computer and network components based on customer requirements.
- Install, configure and maintain devices, PCs and software for end users.
- Properly and safely diagnose, resolve and document common hardware and software issues while applying troubleshooting skills.
- Provide appropriate customer technical support.
- Discuss the body of knowledge that establishes the foundation of an entry-level IT professional.