You must have the correct version (and NO OTHERS) of the Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE Runtime Environment 6 Update 31) installed in order for your course site to function correctly. Follow the steps below to correctly configure your machine:
1. Check to see what version of JAVA you may have installed.
- Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
- Look for JSE Runtme Environment (JRE) JRE 6 Update 31
- If it is there, you're good to go!.
- If there is any other JAVA software listed, you will need to DEINSTALL that JAVA. Follow these instructions to deinstall the wrong versions: Uninstalling Software. Once you have de-installed the wrong version, go to the next step.
- If there is no indication of JAVA, proceed to the next step.
2. Install the correct version of JAVA.
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 31
Go to http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
- Locate the option labeled "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) JRE 6 Update 31 "
- Click on the "Download" button and follow directions for the Windows Offline Installation. Select "typical installation".