Computer Equipment and Skills
For Online Learning at Bellevue College
You will encounter technical barriers to learning
if you do not have the following minimum equipment
- You must have reliable access to a computer
that you can use for extended and uninterrupted
periods of time most days of the week.
- A broadband
connection is highly
recommended to ensure optimum access to all classroom functions.
- You must be proficient in navigating the World
Wide Web (the Web) and able to download and install
- An online course requires accessing the Web
on a regular basis. You need a reliable internet service provider (ISP).
- Microsoft Word is the supported word processor
at Bellevue College. You must
have the ability to read and write Microsoft Word
files. Microsoft Works is not supported. For Apple Macintosh users, Office for Mac 2008 is recommended.
- You must have the ability to install and troubleshoot
course-specific applications that some courses require. Faculty cannot help with
installations and problems that occur when installations
do not work.
- For additional information please contact the Student Help Desk at (425) 564-4357.
You can call us at 425-564-2438 (toll free 1-877-641-2712),
or come to Room A140 on the Bellevue College campus. Of course,
you can always e-mail us too!
But remember that, whether you call us or e-mail us, for
us to help, you must provide the following
- your registered name,
- your telephone
- your BC student ID number,
- the course name and number,
- the instructor's name,
- and a detailed account of the problem(s) you are
Please jot down all that information
and have it handy when you call. (Fill in the answers to those questions if you e-mail us.)