Is eLearning for you?
Successful eLearning students:
- Work independently.
- Take notes from textbooks, media and online lectures.
- Set goals and work through the process to achieve them, even when confronted with obstacles.
- Are confident in their academic capabilities.
- Are confident in their computer skills and in their ability to download required course software.
- Are comfortable taking both essay and objective exams.
- Have a back-up plan if technology issues can’t be resolved quickly.
- Take responsibility for their own learning and ask questions when they don’t understand something.
- Are willing to invest time and dedication necessary to complete their program of study.
- Are able to complete what they start—don’t procrastinate.
- Possess the appropriate reading and writing skills for college level courses.
- Poses exceptional time management skills.
- Believe that high quality education can take place outside the traditional classroom, and don’t require daily one-on-one with their instructors.
Hints for succeeding as an online college student
- Create your BC NetID Account (which includes a college email address). Check this email often, all college communications will be send to this email, including you registration date and time for each quarter.Check your email often (both Canvas and Bellevue College).
- Pay close attention to both course and college deadlines.
- Block out time in your weekly schedule that will be dedicated to your online classes.
- Do your homework in a consistent place at a consistent time prior to each class session.