Is eLearning for you?
Successful eLearning students:
- Work independently.
- Take notes from textbooks, media and online lectures.
- Set goals and work through the process to achieve them, even when confronted with obstacles.
- Are confident in their academic capabilities.
- Are confident in their computer skills and in their ability to download required course software.
- Are comfortable taking both essay and objective exams.
- Have a back-up plan if technology issues can’t be resolved quickly.
- Take responsibility for their own learning and ask questions when they don’t understand something.
- Are willing to invest time and dedication necessary to complete their program of study.
- Are able to complete what they start—don’t procrastinate.
- Possess the appropriate reading and writing skills for college level courses.
- Poses exceptional time management skills.
- Believe that high quality education can take place outside the traditional classroom, and don’t require daily one-on-one with their instructors.
Hints for succeeding as an online college student
- Create your BC NetID Account (which includes a college email address).
- Check this email often, all college communications will be send to this email, including you registration date and time for each quarter.
- Pay close attention to both course and college deadlines.
- Block out time in your weekly schedule that will be dedicated to your online classes.
- Do your homework in a consistent place at a consistent time prior to each class session.