Application for Degree or Certificate

For official degree and certificate evaluation, you must submit a graduation application to the Evaluations Office which approves degree or certificate completion.

Start Here

Prior to applying for degree or certificate completion, try the unofficial Online Degree Audit to see if you are on track to completing the requirements. Use Degree Audit with your advisor or try it on your own by using your student ID (SID) and PIN numbers.

To apply for your degree or certificate, select one from the following list, follow the steps and submit the application for the degree or certificate you are seeking.

Steps to complete your application for degree or certificate

Bachelor's degrees

  1. Download and print an application. (PDF)
  2. Schedule to meet with the bachelor's degree program advisor to review the degree completion worksheet and all required documentation.
  3. Submit the application to the bachelor's degree program advisor.
  4. The program advisor will forward your application to the Evaluations Office.
  5. Pay the non-refundable degree application fee via Online Payment or at the Cashier's Office. The current fee for year 2012-2013 is $33.00 (subject to change).

Associate degrees and certificates of achievement (more than 45 credits)

  1. Register for degree application by using the correct item number (GRD1, GRD2, etc.) in Web registration or in person at Enrollment and Registrar Services.
  2. Pay the non-refundable degree application fee for each application via Online Payment or at the Cashier's Office. The current fee for year 2013-2014 is $21.50 (subject to change).
  3. Submit one application for each degree or certificate online or via U.S. mail on or before the deadline stated in each application. (Select the application from the list below)
  4. Submit official transcripts if you plan to use credits from another college.
  5. For professional/technical degrees or certificates, submit a copy of the advising/completion worksheet signed by the program chair for approved course substitutions or transferred-in credits.
  6. Requests for exception to graduation requirements must be petitioned to the Evaluations/Graduation Office, which refers the petition to the Executive Dean of Instruction or designee for approval. A student must receive approval from the program chair to initiate a petition. (Read the college policy on exception to degree or certificate requirements)

Applications for Associate Degrees and Certificates of Achievement

  • Transfer Degree Application
    This application is for you if you plan to transfer to a four-year baccalaureate institution with a BC transfer degree.
  • Professional /Technical Degree Application
    This is for students who have completed the requirements or are on track to complete the requirements for a professional/ technical degree.
  • Certificate of Achievement Application
    Use this application if you have completed the requirements or are on track to complete the requirements of a BC Certificate of Achievement which requires 45 credits or more for completion.
  • Non-Transfer Degree Application
    This form is for students who do not plan to transfer to a baccalaureate institution but wish to receive recognition for the completion of 90 credits in BC credit courses.
  • Student Inquiry Form - Change or Modify Your Application
    Start here if you have already applied for graduation but need to modify your original application.
  • Student Inquiry Form - Special Circumstances
    Review this information if you have special circumstances that may not be categorized in the above options. Please use this form to describe your particular situation. One of BC's evaluators will review your situation and assist you in the best manner.

Certificates of accomplishment and certificates of completion (less than 45 credits)

  1. Download and print an application (PDF)
    • Applications also available at Enrollment and Registrar Services located in the Student Services Building.
    • NO FEE is required for these two certificates.
  2. Fill out one application for each certificate.
  3. Submit application to Enrollment and Registrar Services on the first floor of the Student Services Building.


High School Diploma

Students are eligible for receiving a high school diploma from Bellevue College if they meet one of the following

  • An individual, below twenty‐one years old, who enrolled through Running Start and satisfactorily completes
    an associate degree at BC.
  • An individual, twenty‐one years or older, who enrolls at BC and satisfactorily completes an associate degree.

Follow these steps to apply for the diploma:

  1. Download and print an application (PDF).

  2. Register for the application at Web Registration. Use GRD1 for the registration item number (if you also apply for a degree/certificate, use item number GRD2 and so on),

  3. Pay the non‐refundable application fee either via Online Payment or at the Cashier’s Office.

  4. Submit the completed application to Enrollment and Registrar Services by the deadlines listed on the application.

Contact Information

Bellevue College
Evaluations Office, B125
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484

Phone: (425) 564-3106

Fax: (425) 564-4065


Office Hours (except summer): 8:00 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m on Fridays

Credentials Evaluators are available from 10 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please call to make an appointment in advance.

Summer office hours (June 25th to August 31st) : 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday; and 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday.


Updated 02/27/2014

Deadlines for Applying

  • Winter Quarter: Oct 10
  • Spring Quarter: Dec 10
  • Summer Quarter: Mar 15
  • Fall Quarter: Jun 1

Footer Navigation

Contact info

Bellevue College
3000 Landerholm Circle SE Bellevue, WA 98007-6484 U.S.A.
Work: (425) 564-1000