If you need to withdraw from a class, refer to the following guidelines and policies.
General Information About Withdrawals
- Withdrawal from a course is the termination of your registration in that course.
- Withdrawals do not require instructor signature and are classified as official only when the student withdraws online or submits a completed Schedule Change Form to the Student Services Center.
- There are consequences for failure to meet deadlines;
- See Grades for additional information on the “W” and “HW” grades.
Tuition and Fee Refunds
Tuition and fee refunds will be made to students who withdraw before the enrollment deadline for each quarter. The college will begin to process refunds no later than the third day of classes.
Classes with alternate start and end dates will be governed by a different refund policy. Please contact Enrollment Services if you have questions.
What to Expect
- A processing fee is deducted from the refund amount.
- If the college drops you from classes for disciplinary reasons you will not be eligible for a refund. Some fees are identified as non-refundable in the class listings.
- Self-support programs may have different refund policies, contact the program office for details.
- Refunds under $25 will not be processed but will be applied to the next academic quarter.
Withdrawing Due to Active Military Duty
BC students who are active military personnel or reservists in any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible for a 100% tuition refund from BC if they are called to active duty during the current quarter and wish to withdraw. Students that need to withdraw from classes under these circumstances are required to submit a withdrawal form and a copy of their orders.
Because of these special circumstances, the student may choose to also request that a “W” (withdrawn) not be shown on his/her transcript. Students are encouraged to speak with faculty and with the Veterans Affairs office advisor to explore all available options.
Students must submit copies of their orders directly to Margo in Veterans Affairs, and she will follow-up with the proper withdrawal paperwork and request refunds. In the event Margo is not available please see the Student Service Center.