What We Do
A Strong Tradition: Over our 30-year history, we have established a strong tradition of faithfully honoring and managing donor commitments while attracting support for programs that have lifted Bellevue College to the forefront of education both locally and nationally.
The Bellevue College Foundation Mission
The mission of the Bellevue College Foundation is to raise funds to support quality education and learning opportunities for all BC students.
Notable achievements of the Foundation and its donors include:
- Securing more than $18 million in support to establish the National Workforce Center for Emerging Technologies and the Early Learning Center.
- Awarding scores of donor-funded academic scholarships to Bellevue College students annually.
- Investing in new instructional equipment for the college, including the Digistar 3 projection system. The new system enhances the educational experience for more than 1,300 BC students and 1,600 school-aged children every year.
- Awarding Mini-Grants to faculty and staff for creative, program-enhancing projects that could not be funded otherwise.
- Encouraging and honoring exceptional work by college faculty and staff through the Margin of Excellence Awards.
Make a gift now to support students and educational excellence at Bellevue College!
The Margin of Excellence Awards recognize outstanding faculty and staff members who demonstrate a commitment to excellence through their contributions to the campus and to the community.
The Lockwood Distinguished Faculty Award is conferred by the Board of Trustees and accompanied by a $10,000 stipend for the accomplished faculty member recognized for their achievements.
The Bellevue College Foundation runs two grant programs: BC Foundation Mini-grants and the Lockwood Foundation Grant for BC Faculty Excellence and Innovation.