There are specific FYE classes offered in the Fall Quarter only, if you are a…
- BC Student Athlete: Emphasizes the different experiences student athletes encounter in college.
- TRiO Student: If you are the first person in your family to attend college you may be eligible to be a part of TRiO.
There is a specific FYE class offered each quarter, if you are interested in…
- Face to Face: If you take classes on campus.
- Online Student: If you are unable to attend a face to face class, you may participate in an online section.
TRiO Student Support Services
Reserved for students who will be members of TRiO. Traditionally these students enroll into this section after working with a TRiO staff member. Section is hidden in the online schedule.
BC Student Athletes
Reserved for students who are officially a member of one of the following BC teams. All sections are hidden in the online schedule.\
Reserved for students who are taking ALL online classes during their first quarter or have extenuating circumstances that prevent them from coming to campus for their FYE course. Sections are by permission online with entry codes available from a BARK staff member.
FAQ’s for FYE Reserved Sections
1. What really is different about the reserved sections as compared to the “general” FYE?
The core curriculum and learning outcome are exactly the same. The main difference is that each reserved section has an expert instructor who can lead activities and discussions with in-depth knowledge of the experience of their students.
2. Why isn’t there just one for everyone?
Specific groups of students have unique scheduling needs or are already a member of a program on campus. Let your FYE seminar leader know if you’d like to see another type of reserved section offered for specific groups of BC students.
Last Updated March 1, 2017