Commencement Ceremony 2015 (Key Arena, Seattle, June 19, 2015)

Congratulations on your Achievement!

GradImages® was the official photographer at your event.   

Your photos are now available to view and order by visiting our website at www.gradimages.comSimply enter your Last Name, your school name and select 2015 from the dropdown menu.  Once you see your name, click on the link to view your photos.

If you need additional help to locate your photos, call our customer service department at 800-261-2576 or email us at


Commencement Ceremony

Commencement is held once a year in June, usually on the last day of spring quarter. Students who have submitted an application for a degree or certificate of achievement are invited to participate.

When and Where

The next ceremony is scheduled for Friday, June 19, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. at Key Arena. Please note the venue change from the BC Gymnasium to Key Arena, which allows you to invite an unlimited number of guests. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and you must arrive no later than 5:45 p.m. for check-in and lining up for the processional. Directions and parking information are available at

Who May Participate

All students who graduate during Fall 2014 or Winter 2015 and those who apply for graduation for Spring 2015 and Summer 2015 will be invited to attend the ceremony. The invitation letter will be mailed out in early May. The letter will contain detailed information for both graduates and their guests. The actual awarding of the degree occurs only when the candidate completes all requirements and then receives official notification from the college.  This invitation to Commencement is therefore not verification of the actual awarding of your degree or certificate.

Caps and Gowns

All graduates participating in the ceremony are required to wear caps and gowns provided by the college. Pick up your cap and gown at the bookstore beginning May 18th through June 17th during normal business hours. There is no charge for these items. Formal graduation announcements are available for purchase at the bookstore. Those who have earned honor cords will receive them with their caps and gowns. Phi Theta Kappa honor society graduates should contact the chapter office (425-564-3050) for specific information on their colors.


Tickets are not required. You may bring as many guests as you wish!


On June 19th all participating graduates must check in at Key Arena beginning at 5:30 pm and ABSOLUTELY NO LATER THAN 5:45 PM.  Please allow time for traffic conditions and parking.


For disability or special-need accommodations, contact Pavy Thao at 425-564-3151 (TTY 425-564-4110) or Please contact Ms. Thao if you have other questions regarding the commencement ceremony.


For your convenience, the event will be shown live on the College Channel, which is aired on Comcast cable channel 28, available in East King County and Snohomish County.

Live Stream

The event will also be streamed live online at


Guests are not allowed to stand on the Key Arena floor to take photographs.  Tripods are NOT allowed on Key Arena premises.  There will be professional photographers at the ceremony to take pictures of grads receiving their diploma covers. Information on this service will be included with your cap and gown. There will also be a backdrop available at the reception for individuals to photograph graduates, family and friends.


Diplomas are not conferred at the commencement ceremony. They are mailed to you at the address listed in the college Student Records approximately twelve weeks following the end of the quarter in which you earned your degree/certificate. Diplomas will list your name, degree or certificate, and any applicable honors recognition.

Diploma Name

Diplomas are issued with your name as it appears on Bellevue College’s Student Records and official transcript, unless requested otherwise on the graduation application.  To indicate hyphens, spaces, lower/upper case letters, accents, or other special characters on your diploma, print it clearly on the degree or certificate application.

Additional or replacement diplomas may be issued upon your request. A fee is required for a diploma replacement. Contact Evaluations/Graduation Office for instructions and request form at