Key Arena, Seattle, June 17, 2016
The Commencement Ceremony is held once each year in June. You may participate in the upcoming ceremony if you meet the following conditions:
- Apply for graduation by submitting a graduation application by the deadline posted on our website.
- Complete your degree requirements between Fall 2015 and Summer 2016.
Note: Summer 2016 graduates are expected to participate in the June 2016 ceremony.
The next ceremony is scheduled for Friday, June 17, 2016 at Key Arena, Seattle, at 7:00 PM.
The commencement ceremony typically lasts 2 1/2 hours. Graduates are expected to stay the entire duration of the ceremony. Leaving during the event is disruptive and disrespectful to fellow graduates.
Details regarding commencement are posted here as they become available. Watch this site for additional upcoming information about this exciting event.
Caps and Gowns
You must wear a Cap and Gown if you wish to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
- Caps and Gowns are available in the college bookstore approximately one month before the Commencement Ceremony.
- There is no charge for a Cap and Gown.
Details regarding the availability of Caps and Gowns and the process required to pick them up are posted here as they become available.
Watch this site for additional upcoming information.
Tickets are not required. You may bring as many guests as you wish!
Please make note of the following:
- Guests and participants are not allowed to stand on the Key Arena floor to take photographs.
- Tripods are NOT allowed on the Key Arena premises.
- Professional photographers are on site to take pictures of graduates receiving their diploma covers.
- A backdrop is available at the reception for individuals to photograph graduates, family and friends.
Please note the following information regarding your diploma:
- Your actual diploma is not given to you at the Commencement Ceremony.
- Your diploma is mailed to you regardless of the quarter you complete your degree.
- Fall and winter graduates should receive their diplomas prior to the Commencement Ceremony.
- Spring and summer graduates are mailed their diplomas once the Credentials and Evaluations Office has confirmed completion of coursework and any other requirements needed to graduate.
Last Updated April 22, 2016