We invite you to attend this year’s commencement ceremony at the Key Arena, Seattle, June 17, 2016
WHEN AND WHERE:
Key Arena in Seattle at 7:00 pm, Friday, June 17, 2016
- Doors open at 5:45 pm. Don’t Be Late!
- Processional line-up begins immediately after check-in
- Wear comfortable shoes. Graduates stand for long stretches, walk on concrete and go up and down stairs.
WHO MAY PARTICIPATE?
All students who completed, or are scheduled to complete a degree or certificate between fall 2015 and summer 2016
CAP & GOWN REQUIRED:
You must wear a Cap and Gown if you wish to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
- Caps and Gowns are available in the college bookstore until June 15, 2016 for this year’s commencement ceremony. There is no charge for a Cap and Gown.
Graduates who will attend this year’s commencement ceremony may begin picking up caps and gowns from the BC Store (located on the 1st floor of the B building) approximately four weeks before the commencement day.
TICKETS & GRADUATION ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Tickets are not required. Bring as many guests as you wish!
- Formal graduation announcements are available for purchase at the bookstore.
We serve punch and cookies for graduates and guests immediately following the ceremony at four locations on the main concourse.
Please contact Julie Werner: 425-564-2205 or Julie.email@example.com
- For disability related accommodations, please contact Katelynn Creeley by June 3, 2016
- 425-564-4159 (TTY 425-564-6189) or firstname.lastname@example.org
- American Sign Language Interpretation and Deaf priority seating is provided
Key Arena Information
FOOD & DRINK:
- Key Arena concessions are not open during commencement. Participants may bring light snacks and beverages, or fillable water containers.
- No Alcohol
- No Helium Balloons allowed inside the Key Arena
DIRECTIONS & PARKING:
- There are other events scheduled in the area that same evening, including the Seattle School District graduation. Allow plenty of time for traffic and parking.
- A professional photographer takes a photo of each graduate receiving a diploma scroll, which is available for purchase.
- Guests are not permitted on the arena floor.
- Tripods are not allowed in Key Arena.
- A photo backdrop is available on the main concourse for personal photos of graduates and guests.
Don’t miss out on this well-deserved celebration and recognition
You’ve Earned This!
Please note the following information regarding your diploma:
- Your actual diploma is not given to you at the Commencement Ceremony.
- Your diploma is mailed to you regardless of the quarter you complete your degree.
- Fall and winter graduates should receive their diplomas prior to the Commencement Ceremony.
- Spring and summer graduates are mailed their diplomas once the Credentials and Evaluations Office has confirmed completion of coursework and any other requirements needed to graduate.
Last Updated May 25, 2016