Cost & Assistance
If you wish to apply for any of the HCTM program offerings, you must first apply for Bellevue College general admission and receive a student ID number.
To gain general admission:
- apply online: you are required to complete the application for admission
- pay the $34 non-refundable application fee
Please apply early! Admission application processing for the upcoming quarter can take several business days. Applications for future quarters may take longer to be processed. Once your application has been processed your Student ID number, registration, and advising information will be emailed to you.
A non-refundable fee of $125 is also required to apply to the:
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Healthcare Technology & Management – Healthcare Informatics concentration
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Healthcare Technology & Management – Healthcare Management concentration
- Certificate of Achievement in Healthcare Informatics
In addition to processing the application, the fee covers a personal assessment by the program manager of your prior educational record and preparation of a detailed education plan to meet your goals.
Tuition and Fees
The bachelor of applied science program includes some lower division general education courses and courses taught at the 300- and 400-level. Courses numbered 200 and below will be charged tuition at the resident community college tuition rate. Courses numbered 300 and above will be charged at the HCTM bachelor’s program rate of $245.45 per credit.
In addition to costs associated with tuition, students should also expect to pay the following:
- A comprehensive fee of $1.50 per credit with a $15 max. This is a student voted fee used to provide services for no additional charge. These services include (but are not limited to) transportation management, unofficial transcripts, and a catalog.
- A student transportation fee (garage debt payments) of $2.00 per credit with a $20 max. A student voted fee to support the funding for the college parking garage and subsidize student bus passes.
- A technology fee of $3.50 per credit 1-10 credits and $3.50 per credit beyond 18. Ensures credit students access to college-managed e-mail, the Open Computer Lab in N250 on campus, the Internet, and many software packages in a quality academic learning environment.
- An environmental sustainability fee of $1.00 per credit with a $10 max. A student-body-initiated fee to fund environmental projects.
- A distance education fee of $52.50 for each distance course taken, regardless of total number of credits.
- Certain courses may require fees for laboratory use, licensing, Internet service provider, etc. These fees are identified in the Credit Class Schedule; tuition and fee waivers generally do not apply.
- Late registration fee. Students who register after the tenth day of the quarter must use a special permit-to-enroll form and will be assessed a $144.00 late registration fee for each course, in addition to the tuition and fees.
Students pursuing the bachelor of applied science (BAS) degree who are eligible for financial aid will be able to apply for federal, state and institutional grant funds, such as the Pell Grant, WA State Need Grant, Bellevue College-sponsored grant, federal student loan, or work study. To determine whether you are eligible for financial aid you will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA. To find out more information about financial aid and important deadlines, please visit the BC financial aid website at http://bellevuecollege.edu/fa.
The Washington State Opportunity Scholarship is also available for students who are pursuing their first Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) or Health Care. http://www.waopportunityscholarship.org/
Attention Healthcare Informatics Students: The Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) offers scholarship awards to student members who have achieved academic excellence and have the potential to be future leaders in the healthcare information and management systems industry.
Click here for more details: http://www.himss.org/foundation/schlr.asp.
Many employers offer tuition reimbursement for education that is related to an employee’s work. Please check with your human resources department to see if you are eligible.