Telling the BC Story to the World
This includes national, regional and local press. We work hard to promote the great work students, faculty and staff are doing across the institution. Additionally our editorial staff creates the official BC Publications which includes: Exceptional magazine, Facts at a Glance, Student Handbooks, viewbooks, course catalogs/schedules and all official BC social media.
Stay up to date with the latest Bellevue College news and happenings on our online news portal BC Today. You can also submit a story idea, find a BC expert to comment on a breaking media story via our Experts Guide (or submit a request to be one), and check out all the news outlets where BC is making headlines!
Bellevue College Style Guide
Bellevue College is committed to maintaining a consistent brand. We strive for messaging that is accurate, timely, relevant, and interesting. To this end, the office of Institutional Advancement has developed a style guide to help those writing and designing on Bellevue College’s behalf to promote consistent messaging and style.
This guide applies to all internal and external communications released by Bellevue College, including, but not limited to, newsletters, reports for publication, presentations, brochures, website development, social media, and professional stationary. The standards presented here should be consistently applied in every form of communication representing the College.
- Our Brand, Elements & Logos, and BC Colors
- Typefaces for Print
- Photography Guidelines: Including guidelines on copyrights and photo releases.
- Official Communications: Stationary, PowerPoint templates and email signatures.
- Website Guidelines: Content requirements, website accessibility standards, and tips.
- Editorial Standards: Is it an associate or associate’s degree? Plus commas!
- Social Media Guidelines: Official policy, posting as an individual or on behalf of the college, plus safety and privacy tips.
- Media Relations: Or just email email@example.com
- Legal Requirements
- Policy Compliance
Last Updated December 19, 2016