Data Analytics BAS Degree
Modern data analytics brings together tools and techniques from business, communication, graphic arts, information technology and statistics to collect, mine, interpret and represent large datasets to illustrate concepts and inform decisions. Graduates will be prepared to work as data analysts, data technicians, and in some circumstances, data managers, in a wide range of organization and industries.
Program will start Winter 2015.
Bachelor of Applied Science Data Analytics Preliminary Prerequisite List
Notice: This list is for informational purposes only.
Please verify information with the IBIT office before making decisions based on this information.
All students must complete the following requirements in order to be eligible for the BAS in Data Analytics:
- Associate’s degree in Applied Accounting, Business Management or Marketing, Information Systems, Sustainable Business, Business Administration Transfer or Computer Science Transfer (or 90 equivalent credits)
- with a minimum grade of 2.0 in all required courses (cumulative GPA 2.0)
- Demonstrate completion of the following general education courses or their equivalent:
- ENGL& 101
- 5 credits of College level statistics (MATH&146, MATH 130 or equivalent)
- 5-credits of Social Science or Humanities from AAS-DTA transfer list
- Two sciences, including one earth, space or physical and one with a lab
- Level one Excel proficiency (BTS 165 or CS 250 or challenge test)
- Familiarity with databases (BTS 168 or CS 250 recommended)
Technology or math credits must not be more than 5 years old.
For more information contact Shanon Ehmke Reedy at firstname.lastname@example.org.