What kind of internship
qualifies for academic credit?
The internships posted on CONNECT! have been pre-screened by the Bellevue College Center for Career Connections and qualify for academic credit. If you have found an internship elsewhere, we may be able to offer you academic credit, as long as the position meets the following criteria:
- The intern must receive supervision/mentoring and guidance. Therefore, we cannot offer credit for internships that are done remotely (telecommuting).
- Internships must take place in an office and/or on-location. We cannot offer credit for internships that take place in a home office. Also, the employer must have a valid business license.
- If the position is paid, it must pay a guaranteed hourly wage or salary that is not based on a minimum deliverable of sales or performance.
- We also require employers to provide a safe environment for employees, act as an Equal Opportunity Employer, and comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
We do not offer credit for:
- Multi-level marketing or commission-only positions.
- Opportunities that require any equipment or products to be purchased by the prospective employee in order to earn their wage. This is true prior to being hired, after the employment offer and after employment has commenced.
- Opportunities that charge for any training that is required prior to employment. Required training must also pay an hourly wage to the prospective employee.