The Institutional Research Board (IRB) reviews and approves all research activities involving human subjects at Bellevue College. If you are conducting research, you may not solicit subject participation or begin data collection until your research has received written approval from the IRB.
The IRB is composed primarily of faculty members, administrators and a member from the community. The human subjects review process is administered through the Office of Effectiveness and Strategic Planning.
Related College Policies and Procedures
- 3650 – Use of Human Participants in Instructional Activities
- 3650P – Use of Human Participants in Instructional Activities Procedures
- 3655 – Use of Human Participants in Research Activities
- 3655P – Use of Human Participants in Research Activities Procedures
- Office for Human Research Protections
- Institutional Review Board Guide Book from the Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP)
- The Belmont Report
- Code of Federal Regulations, title 45, part 46
IRB Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.