Political Science & International Studies Chair Recognized by Stanford University

Dr. Jill Wakefield and Dr. Tim Jones

Political Science and International Studies Chair Dr. Tim Jones was recently recognized by Stanford University for exceptional teaching. The certificate seeks to recognize the dedication of educators and mentors who have contributed to the future of their students, Stanford University, and their community. Jones was nominated by Bellevue College transfer student Vanessa Ross.

In her nomination statement, Ross wrote, “During my time in college, Tim Jones has been not only an advisor and professor, but also a friend. He supported me as I studied abroad in Italy and even taught me some Italian. I have traveled with him to the Czech Republic and Poland. While there, we went to Auschwitz to learn firsthand about the atrocities of the Holocaust. I have shared festive and somber memories with Tim, all the while being challenged to do better than average, to lead my peers toward success and to never stop learning.”

A certificate from Stanford University recognizing Dr. Tim Jones– by Nicole Beattie

Last Updated January 26, 2017