Bellevue College trustees announce finalists for president
The Bellevue College Board of Trustees announced today that four finalists for president have been selected:
- Ronald T. Brown, Ph.D., provost and senior vice president for academic affairs at Wayne State University in Detroit
- Terrence J. Burgess, Ph.D., president of San Diego City College in San Diego
- Jack E. Daniels III, Ph.D., president of Los Angeles Southwest College in Los Angeles
- David L. Rule, Ph.D., president of the Rock Creek campus of Portland Community College in Portland, Ore.
During official campus visits, each candidate will participate in a public forum open to students, faculty, staff and members of the community. The forums will take place at 3:30 p.m. in the Carlson Theater on the following days:
- Monday, Oct. 22 – Ronald Brown
- Tuesday, Oct. 23 – David Rule
- Wednesday, Oct. 24 – Jack Daniels
- Thursday, Oct. 25 – Terrence Burgess
Full biographies and photos of the candidates are posted on the college’s presidential search website: http://depts.bellevuecollege.edu/presidentsearch/finalists/.
Laura Saunders, a former vice president of administrative services at Bellevue College, has been serving as interim president since last year, when Jean Sarto Floten, who had been president for 23 years, announced her resignation to serve as chancellor of WGU Washington.