- It is a program that combines 1 advanced ESL class + 1 college academic class.
- The ESL class is 9 credits and the college academic class is 5 credits. This program is a total of 14 credits.
- The ESL class covers reading and writing skills, oral presentations, use of reference materials, and effective preparation and test taking skills.
- This program prepares students to enter a U.S. college or university.
- The program is generally 1 quarter long.
- There is a heavy emphasis on the development of critical thinking skills and taking personal responsibility for learning.
Who is considered for the Bridge program?
1. Students with the following TOEFL/IELTS scores:
- IBT TOEFL score of 58-60, or PBT TOEFL score of 493.
- An IELTS overall score of 5.5, with all sub-scores of 5+.
2. Students who are studying at an English language school in the U.S. and:
- Successfully completed level 109 at ELS Language Centers.
- Successfully completed of the highest level at their intensive English school. Must submit a verification letter from the school official.
- Considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants must be at least 16-years-old.
- Students who are 16-17 years-old must: