Student visas are issued by U.S. Embassies and Consulates located outside the United States.
- Pay your SEVIS Registration Fee: fmjfee.com
- You must have your passport and your I-20 (immigration document) from BC before you pay the SEVIS fee.
- You MUST print out the receipt from your SEVIS payment.
- You need the SEVIS receipt to sign up for the visa interview.
- You also need your SEVIS receipt at the visa interview.
- Find a U.S. Embassy or Consulate near you
- Go to this website: http://www.usembassy.gov/
- Click on your area of the world.
- Click on your country.
- Click on Visas.
- Follow the instructions to sign up for a visa appointment.
- You must contact your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate for the required documents for your visa interview.
- For more information about F-1 visas, please see this website: http://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/students
- Receiving a decision:
- If you are approved for a student visa, Congratulations!
- If you are denied a student visa:
- Politely ask the consular official why the application was denied.
- Also ask when you may reapply for a visa.
- If you would like to re-apply for the student visa, please contact your BC admission coordinator: email@example.com.
|Summer '15||Fall '15||Winter '16||Spring '16||Summer '16|
|Arrive in the U.S.||May 24-June 19, 2015||August 1-28, 2015||December 1-26, 2015||February 22-March 22, 2016||May 20-June 17, 2016|
|Check-in & Orientation REQUIRED!||June 23, 2015||August 31, 2015||December 28, 2015||March 24, 2016||June 21, 2016|
|Classes Start||July 1, 2015||September 21, 2015||January 4, 2016||April 4, 2016||June 27, 2016|
|Classes End||August 13, 2015||December 10, 2015||March 23, 2016||June 17, 2016||August 11, 2016|
- Dates are subject to change.
- Make sure your visa appointment is early, so you can be at orientation!
- You MUST attend orientation. Students who miss orientation will NOT be allowed to join the Bridge program. Students who miss the orientation will have immigration problems.
Last Updated November 21, 2016