Applying for an F-1 Student Visa
Student visas are issued by U.S. Embassies and Consulates located outside the United States.
- Pay your SEVIS Registration Fee: fmjfee.com
- You must have your passport and your I-20 (immigration document) from BC before you pay the SEVIS fee.
- You MUST print out the receipt from your SEVIS payment.
- You need the SEVIS receipt to sign up for the visa interview.
- You also need your SEVIS receipt at the visa interview.
- Find a U.S. Embassy or Consulate near you
- Go to this website: http://www.usembassy.gov/
- Click on your area of the world.
- Click on your country.
- Click on Visas.
- Follow the instructions to sign up for a visa appointment.
- You must contact your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate for the required documents for your visa interview.
- For more information about F-1 visas, please see this website: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html
- Receiving a decision:
- If you are approved for a student visa, Congratulations!
- If you are denied a student visa:
- Politely ask the consular official why the application was denied.
- Also ask when you may reapply for a visa.
- If you would like to re-apply for the student visa, please contact your BC admission coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Spring '15||Summer '15||Fall '15|
|Arrive in the U.S.||March 1-27, 2015||May 24-June 19, 2015||August 1-28, 2015|
|Check-in & Orientation REQUIRED!||March 31, 2015||June 23, 2015||August 31, 2015|
|Advising & Registration||March 31|
between 2pm & 4pm
Apr 1 to Apr 3
between 10am & 4pm
|June 24-26, 2015||September 1-4, 2015|
|Classes Start||April 6, 2015||July 1, 2015||September 21, 2015|
|Classes End||June 19, 2015||August 13, 2015||December 10, 2015|
- Dates are subject to change.
- Make sure your visa appointment is early, so you can be at orientation!
- You MUST attend orientation. Students who miss orientation will NOT be allowed to join the credit program. Students who miss the orientation will have immigration problems.