Applying for an F-1 Student Visa
Student visas are issued by U.S. Embassies and Consulates located outside the United States.
- Pay your SEVIS Registration Fee: fmjfee.com
- You must have your passport and your I-20 (immigration document) from BC before you pay the SEVIS fee.
- You MUST print out the receipt from your SEVIS payment.
- You need the SEVIS receipt to sign up for the visa interview.
- You also need your SEVIS receipt at the visa interview.
- Find a U.S. Embassy or Consulate near you
- Go to this website: http://www.usembassy.gov/
- Click on your area of the world.
- Click on your country.
- Click on Visas.
- Follow the instructions to sign up for a visa appointment.
- You must contact your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate for the required documents for your visa interview.
- For more information about F-1 visas, please see this website: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html
- Receiving a decision:
- If you are approved for a student visa, Congratulations!
- If you are denied a student visa:
- Politely ask the consular official why the application was denied.
- Also ask when you may reapply for a visa.
- If you would like to re-apply for the student visa, please contact your BC admission coordinator: email@example.com.
|Summer '15||Fall '15||Winter '16||Spring '16||Summer '16|
|Arrive in the U.S.||May 24-June 19, 2015||August 9-September 4, 2015||December 1-26, 2015||March 1-25, 2016||May 20-June 17, 2016|
|Check-in & Orientation REQUIRED!||June 22, 2015||September 10, 2015||December 30, 2015||March 29, 2016||June 20, 2016|
|ESL Placement Tests||June 24, 2015||September 14, 2015||January 4, 2016||April 4, 2016||June 22, 2016|
|Classes Start||July 1, 2015||September 21, 2015||January 7, 2016||April 7, 2016||June 27, 2016|
|Classes End||August 13, 2015||December 10, 2015||March 23, 2016||June 17, 2016||August 11, 2016|
- Dates are subject to change.
- Make sure your visa appointment is early, so you can be at orientation!
- You MUST attend orientation. Students who miss orientation will NOT be allowed to join the ESL program. Students who miss the orientation will have immigration problems.